Robert Burns Was His Name
He never went to college yet few as great as he
Nor to his name he never had a literary degree
He was a Singing Ploughboy he came up the hard way
His songs are sung around the World and his legend lives today.
He drunk, loved and made merry and songs and poems he wrote
And he had music in him he was a natural poet
Though dead more than two centuries in death his legend grow
His spirit is still living where the Afton Waters Flow.
He is a literary legend one of the greatest ever known
The National Bard of Scotland and surely poetry's own
His fame is known around the World far from his Homeland shore
And his marvellous poems and ballads will live forever more
He penned the New year anthem immortal 'Old Lang Syne'
With 'Should old acquaintance be forgot' it's memorable first line
His immortal poems and ballads live to his enduring fame
He was the Pride of Scotland Robert Burns was his name.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Robert Burns Was His Name by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Will Bathe My Dreams, Kyle Schlicher
- For what is my purpose?, The Princess
- Mother. Mother., beresford mitchell
- In the waiting room, Anna Garland
- THEY CAN NOT KILL THEIR WILL لايقدرون عل.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Haiku And Fruit, Kyle Schlicher
- Short Circuited To Ignite, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- waiting for Autumn, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- In Gratitude, Sandra Feldman
- My life, Abekah Emmanuel