Rock and Water
Strong, symbolic painting.
Painting has Biblical meaning,
Meaning of Rock, Water, Meaning of Life,
Jesus is the Rock, Living Water is Life.
Broken Rock, Broken Heart,
Has someone mended that part?
Philo Yan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
'The painting Living Water is about the rock that Moses struck in the wilderness that poured forth 'living water'. The rock being a metaphor for Jesus who is my Rock and was struck in the wilderness for the salvation of all mankind's souls. The sprout beneath the hands being watered by the flow from the broken heart of the rock represents myself.'
Comments about this poem (Rock and Water by Philo Yan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Woman's Life, Geraldine Kelly
- What is this love?, Mark Heathcote
- Winter Emotions, Jonyta Ward
- What the Seasons Bring, Jonyta Ward
- She's Mine, Robert Williams
- Jacket Rumor II, Bill Grace
- Rain Must Come Down, Thomas Bates
- Jacket Rumor, Bill Grace
- देहाया बिबानगिरि मेलेमनि, Ronjoy Brahma
- Little One, Adam M. Snow