Rocks I've Climbed
The mountains and rocks I've climbed,
Oh my heart, my heart did pine,
For that trophy, the top of that hill,
The place of greatest thrill.
But just momentarily,
This message said,
I got many messages in red,
In hurried flashing red.
The second's conquest,
Did say of dark foreboding.
The second of my arrival on top,
Did the hill no good.
It didn't decorate it with my climb.
Neither did it decorate me with my climb.
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Rocks I've Climbed by Vera Sidhwa )
- On The Rosy Cross, Naveed Khalid
- Survival, Patrick Czyz
- Title Of A Poem, Naveed Khalid
- मेरे रब मेरे ही होना!, Aftab Alam
- On Valentine, Naveed Khalid
- The Ghost and the Darkness, Ima Ryma
- Bermuda's Triangle, Naveed Khalid
- खुद के साये से भी डरने लगा हूँ, Aftab Alam
- Evening, Naveed Khalid
- Pravasi Lokam, Arun Narayanan nileshwar