Rocks I've Climbed
The mountains and rocks I've climbed,
Oh my heart, my heart did pine,
For that trophy, the top of that hill,
The place of greatest thrill.
But just momentarily,
This message said,
I got many messages in red,
In hurried flashing red.
The second's conquest,
Did say of dark foreboding.
The second of my arrival on top,
Did the hill no good.
It didn't decorate it with my climb.
Neither did it decorate me with my climb.
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Rocks I've Climbed by Vera Sidhwa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Okay okay I said, gajanan mishra
- Friends are there, hasmukh amathalal
- In deep, hasmukh amathalal
- Truth is supreme, gajanan mishra
- Photograph from September 11, Wislawa Szymborska
- A stain..., GRANT FRASER
- buzz be what?, Mandolyn ...
- The Cat, Novica Tadić
- Singing in the Shower, Joan Goodwin
- Pappou Elia's Poem - A More Literal Tran.., Elia Michael