In the distance is the sound of rolling thunder,
A sound that makes you look for something to hide under.
Dark clouds race across the sinister night sky,
As the wind howls and like a banshee cries.
The thunder ever present comes closer still,
To intimidate and terrify and give a feeling of ill.
Lightening now illuminates the sky with a blue eerie spectre,
First in this, then that, then in your own frightening sector.
All now combine, lightening, thunder and howling winds,
Panic and fear are evident as natures turmoil begins.
The hours till dawn seem so very far away,
So under your pillow you are determined to stay!
Ruth warren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rolling Thunder by Ruth warren )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- رائحة, نزار قباني
- The Bunch In My Head, Margaret Alice Second
- Truth are to be discovered, gajanan mishra
- God Brought you into my life... A love p.., Dimitri Jagodinski
- Feel The Joy, Margaret Alice Second
- rather be - Get Lost, sEaN nOrTh
- رقم قياسي, نزار قباني
- A Story In The Tsunami (26th Dec 2004), Dilantha Gunawardana
- سمك, نزار قباني
- On the threshold of despair, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK