John Lars Zwerenz
Love the heart of all romance,
Must be of the sacred, laughing brook,
It must be of the eternal dance.
It must of her sable, dark look,
And of mine returning purity for purity.
Romance is love and love is romance.
It is of the azure, gleaming stream,
It is glory beyond all ecstasy.
It transcends all pines, all wines, all loftiness,
It is not a fabled, windy dream.
And when one is immersed in its ineffable caress,
When diamonds are donning her wedding dress,
The sun and the stars rise merely to greet
Yet another height where lips do meet.
John Lars Zwerenz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Romantic Love by John Lars Zwerenz )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ruins Of Progress, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Posting Photos On The Facebook, I Feel I.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- corrosion, oskar hansen
- TO HIS BOOTYLICIOUS MISTRESS, Israel Dammy Ipaye
- Post Photos of Beautiful Girls On The Fa.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- To A Young Man, Edgar Albert Guest
- Little Feet, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Common Touch, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Newspaper Man, Edgar Albert Guest
- Ideal Indian Wife, Jyothirmia Uppu