John Lars Zwerenz
Love the heart of all romance,
Must be of the sacred, laughing brook,
It must be of the eternal dance.
It must of her sable, dark look,
And of mine returning purity for purity.
Romance is love and love is romance.
It is of the azure, gleaming stream,
It is glory beyond all ecstasy.
It transcends all pines, all wines, all loftiness,
It is not a fabled, windy dream.
And when one is immersed in its ineffable caress,
When diamonds are donning her wedding dress,
The sun and the stars rise merely to greet
Yet another height where lips do meet.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Romantic Love by John Lars Zwerenz )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Missing, Luo Zhihai
- THE FIRST TIME, Rosie Bourget
- [®XLIX~]Watch Super Bowl 2015 (49) Live.., Renz Barns
- Beyond Beds Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Lonely Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Happy Birthday to A Friend I'm Missing, Akhtar Jawad
- THE BREAST CANCER JOURNEY, Rosie Bourget
- Wanting To Feel, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Submonition, Dorothy Kardas, Psy.D. Th.D.
- HURT, Rosie Bourget