I've walked this valley many times,
Though never failed to see,
The reason why I love it so,
The joy it's placed in me.
It holds so many memories,
I keep so close to heart,
You are my lovely valley,
I know we'll never part.
You are my roots, my love, my life,
You're deep within my soul,
For leaving you and moving on,
Would place a big black hole.
For I'll remain your loving friend,
Forever till I die,
Enjoy your splendour to the end,
The apple of my eye.
Jayne Davies's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Roots by Jayne Davies )
- The safety., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Limerick-35, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- no more love story, The Princess is
- Illogical, Margaret Moran
- Want, The Princess is
- The Passing of the Lord, Translation of .., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Teleskof, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bearing With One Another, Edward Kofi Louis
- Danyell, Edward Kofi Louis
- ap english, imani halley
Poem of the Day
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- avenues america, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)