I've walked this valley many times,
Though never failed to see,
The reason why I love it so,
The joy it's placed in me.
It holds so many memories,
I keep so close to heart,
You are my lovely valley,
I know we'll never part.
You are my roots, my love, my life,
You're deep within my soul,
For leaving you and moving on,
Would place a big black hole.
For I'll remain your loving friend,
Forever till I die,
Enjoy your splendour to the end,
The apple of my eye.
Jayne Davies's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Roots by Jayne Davies )
Did you read them?
- Haiku. Sunset (5-7-5), Valsa George
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.23, Monk E. Biz
- Haiku. A City (5-7-5), Valsa George
- Please make yourself, gajanan mishra
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.22, Monk E. Biz
- A Recipe for Joyful Living, Valsa George
- BESTIE, Eleonor Santiago
- My Past, Tribhawan Kaul
- RETURN TO LOVE, Meggie Gultiano
- Good life, John Mamhungaire