I've walked this valley many times,
Though never failed to see,
The reason why I love it so,
The joy it's placed in me.
It holds so many memories,
I keep so close to heart,
You are my lovely valley,
I know we'll never part.
You are my roots, my love, my life,
You're deep within my soul,
For leaving you and moving on,
Would place a big black hole.
For I'll remain your loving friend,
Forever till I die,
Enjoy your splendour to the end,
The apple of my eye.
Jayne Davies's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Roots by Jayne Davies )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Remember This., richard harris
- Animals are there, gajanan mishra
- Someday, Johnny Goyena
- Girl, He Never Loved You, Ronell Warren Alman
- Writing on the wall, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Poetry of Onkar Nath Gupta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- So sorry, gajanan mishra
- My Dream Tonight, Wilfred Mellers
- To Joyce, Roger A. Rose
- Miriam's danse, Dimitri Khokhlov