Rose Of My Heart
Your dreams are still full of expectations
and in your whole being you are still a peach blossom:
pink soft and so fragile.
Winds can strip you and tear your leaves off
but still you are stronger than you seem,
and your pollen stems are somewhat hidden,
are waiting on a bee to pollinate them.
Everyone that comes your way
leaves in your humanity impressions like parcels of gifts
which you are going to open throughout your life
and in your eyes innocence and expectation are mixed.
With small puffy hands you catch
butterfly light days with your smile,
while your eyes still glitter with diamonds from heaven’s store.
You are pure and clean like narcissus that are flowering,
your soul still unbound like an eagle in flight,
your heart is uncontaminated and your thoughts not influenced.
Rose of my heart, may the winds treat you gently,
until you reach full maturity.
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rose Of My Heart by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Garage Sale Blues, Francie Lynch
- No Paper This Morning, Donal Mahoney
- Mister Chamberlain, Roy Blokker
- Brothers, Two..., Denis Martindale
- The One True God, Roy Blokker
- After the Summer, Somanathan Iyer
- The House I Bought?, Dr John Celes
- Resemblance, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- One Single Drop, Kaleb Falin
- Survivor's Guilt, Roy Blokker