Rosie In Her Late Seventies
In her front garden on a sunny day her i often do see
Tending her flower beds or trimming her hedge or pruning her rose tree
Rosie in her late seventies to those who pass the way
She always greet them with a smile and wish them a good day.
She never gave birth to children nor to any man was a wife
For more than four decades a nursing sister she enjoyed that way of life
She has a caring nature so loving and so kind
As good a person as her would be quite hard to find.
She does not wear any makeup or with hair dye cover her gray
And she does look very beautiful though years past her prime day
She does keep herself active and she carries her age well
And the years on her one might say have not yet begun to tell.
She is as nice a person as one could wish to meet
And when the sun is shining in her front garden by the street
Tending her flowers and pruning her fruit and rose trees
Her shoulder length wavy silvery hair blowing in the freshening breeze.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rosie In Her Late Seventies by Francis Duggan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
Poem of the Day
- Jadavpur And The Adda of Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Governor-Chancellor, I Am A Jadavpuria.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Jadavpur Campus, The Naxal And His Love .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Eternal Joys, ramesh rai
- Poetry of The Earth, Want I To Write, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Willingly offer, hasmukh amathalal
- Excitement knows no bounds, gajanan mishra
- We are suffering., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Until Next Time, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Unity and strength., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..