We run through our lives
as if tomorrow will never come.
We are always seeking something
most of the time we never find.
We listen out for someone
but mostly ignore them when they call.
We just keep on running
mainly away from ourselves.
We want something better
but ignore what we have
until it is gone
and then we look around
too late to leave the baggage
we’ve carried around for so long.
5 October 2013
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Running by David Harris )
Did you read them?
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Wings Of Life, Saravanan Writer
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar
- Antiques, Naveed Khalid
- Romance II, Naveed Khalid
- azoneofpoetryaartisphoenixnow, Nyein Way
- Dungeon, Naveed Khalid
- Rosicrucianism, Naveed Khalid