Running Around In Circles
There are days when you feel
you are going to get so much done.
So much for good intentions.
When you start to get
the old run around.
It seems that life
is going around in circles.
What started as a lead ahead
now has you thirty yards behind.
You feel like you should have stayed in bed
and got up the other side,
but you don’t.
Instead, you persevere
to go running round in circles
all the day long.
19 February 2008
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Running Around In Circles by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- And get everything, gajanan mishra
- The Workforce, James Tate
- To Join You, Edward Kofi Louis
- The real wasteland, Peter Hall
- Known In This Town, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Veil, Peter Hall
- You Made Me A Fool, Edward Kofi Louis
- Only aim, gajanan mishra
- The Wheelchair Butterfly, James Tate
- Crickets, Jayatissa Liyanage