Running Around In Circles
There are days when you feel
you are going to get so much done.
So much for good intentions.
When you start to get
the old run around.
It seems that life
is going around in circles.
What started as a lead ahead
now has you thirty yards behind.
You feel like you should have stayed in bed
and got up the other side,
but you don’t.
Instead, you persevere
to go running round in circles
all the day long.
19 February 2008
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Running Around In Circles by David Harris )
- Her enchanted delight, Amgad Samy
- my glasses, Bull Hawking
- 64 and deaf, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- For every star that one see is the star .., Raymond Sawyer
- They came across a homeless-looking man, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- He Is A Clown, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Morally Corrupt, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- hey four eyes with the square tie, Jena Crowe
- Where there respect thus there Star Bucks., Raymond Sawyer
- 84 and couldn't speak English, Cyndi K. Gacosta
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1 February 1927)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)