Come sit with us
Come speak words
that will comfort me
Come say that negativity
will not kill my son.
Confusion runs in my mind
as memories follow behind
to still haunt me.
The father must know
his own children
the one who will save you.
Please don't kill my son,
the revolution has just begun
What will become of us?
You have created nothing but fear.
We don't have someone to hold your tears.
The blood, the bruising
will take years
to heal itself.
My son did this for you
Asking for one thing in return
To believe him,
Please don't let them let the cross burn.
I am the mother,
He is the son,
Sit as we speak words
of living for eternity...
lets have the sacred conversation.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sacred Conversation by Jessica Garcia )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- The unknown face, vinit ghosh
- Kiss Me Bye, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Lust, Love, Hate, Pain, freya busby
- ruff draft.., Leila Hadi
- On Repeat, Leila Hadi
- Ammunition for the Cause, Leila Hadi
- my high school poetry, Leila Hadi
- westnile, Leila Hadi
- With colors, gajanan mishra
- OBITUARY TO INNOCENTS (KILLED SCHOOL CHI.., shuvo chakraborty