You don't need a bottle of wine.
Throw away your staccato way of speaking.
I've listened long enough.
Oh, I still love to listen,
your songs still reach deep down low.
So much so
that I've followed your way of writing.
A little pick-me-up
here and there just isn't enough.
I need more ups, not downs.
You're too sad, Lady, too sad.
I'd rather not cry.
You speak so true,
an honesty I've seen for awhile now.
You wrote and sang out your lows,
but where are the highs?
Too few highs being smothered.
Smothered by chords of sadness.
Let your progressions get stuck on glad
and, mighty soon, you will, too.
You're too sad, Lady,
too, too sad.
dedicated to Melanie
bob barci's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sad Lady by bob barci )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Honour my feelings!, Rekha Mandagere
- The End is Coming, michael hagwood
- A pencil on a painting, Ntando.B Da poet
- Distance, Alex Rodriguez
- Fierceless, Alex Rodriguez
- A Thousand More, Smoky Hoss
- i think i left my hand in yours. go look., Mandolyn ...
- Wild cold of novemeber, Alex Rodriguez
- Far Off, Sentamu Aziz
- Mill By The River, Stratis Havarti