Sadness or Hope?
People wonder, people stare.
People act like they don't care.
Wearing shackles no one will ever see.
Is there no way to set me free?
Please someone tell me, who holds the key?
People come, people go.
People walk by trough the snow.
His eyes pitch black for the world to see.
The resemblance of lost souls, how could this be?
Please someone tell me, is this really me?
People crawl, people crave.
People stand tall trying to be brave.
They all realize the life he leads is hard.
Yet they don't know it's tearing him appart.
Could this be the end? Or just a new start?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sadness or Hope? by Ralph Schroeder )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- let the wild rumpus start!, Mandolyn ...
- Keep on the Sunny Side, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Switches …… [NOT just for electrician.., Bri Edwards
- there's heaven on the plains and freedom.., Mandolyn ...
- Journey of imaginable stress!, Marshall Gass
- the fishermen on the wharf, Marshall Gass
- In The Market For The Exotic, Terence G. Craddock
- Far Traveller Absorb Exotic Sights, Terence G. Craddock
- the yardstick, Marshall Gass
- Market Traveller Moves Unseen, Terence G. Craddock