I bite my tongue with words left unspoken,
feelings never released at levels such as this.
I open whats left to salvage of this broken soul,
to find what it really means to experience bliss.
Was it that look from brown eyes showing through,
it might have been that whisper from silent hearts.
Could it have been the kiss leading to something more,
ranking higher than anything logged on lovers charts.
We didnt get where we are by living in what was,
as steps now taken backwards as emotions shot ahead.
Theres no need of being scared to love a comfort love,
embrace new changes in arms of the happiness instead.
You're not alone anymore when life pours it on stong,
sometimes flowers need a storm to wash away before.
New days bring light to dark clouds of yesterdays tomorrow,
its time to wipe away the hurt and comfort this adore.
I'll stand here forever until you realize my promise,
that everyones love has destruction thats worth savin.
Theres no need to run from the past of being unloved,
arms open and waiting is the comfort of now in safe haven.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Safe Haven by Eddie Chaney )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
RoseAnn V. Shawiak
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Don't Go Far Off, Pablo Neruda
- Three Wise Men, Bill Simmons
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Last Night, Swrji Basumatary
- A proposal to wake up, none .....
- Dreams are All That Remain, Rohit Sapra
- Flowers By The Roadside, Maurice Rowlands
- You are born to be a poet, ramesh rai
- Beautiful flower, gajanan mishra
- A Fool, crystal ruth
- The Game, douglas scotney
- Cover Me With You, George Dee Vuy
- Loss In A Mirror, Naveed Akram