I bite my tongue with words left unspoken,
feelings never released at levels such as this.
I open whats left to salvage of this broken soul,
to find what it really means to experience bliss.
Was it that look from brown eyes showing through,
it might have been that whisper from silent hearts.
Could it have been the kiss leading to something more,
ranking higher than anything logged on lovers charts.
We didnt get where we are by living in what was,
as steps now taken backwards as emotions shot ahead.
Theres no need of being scared to love a comfort love,
embrace new changes in arms of the happiness instead.
You're not alone anymore when life pours it on stong,
sometimes flowers need a storm to wash away before.
New days bring light to dark clouds of yesterdays tomorrow,
its time to wipe away the hurt and comfort this adore.
I'll stand here forever until you realize my promise,
that everyones love has destruction thats worth savin.
Theres no need to run from the past of being unloved,
arms open and waiting is the comfort of now in safe haven.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Safe Haven by Eddie Chaney )
- What is Fall?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Holy relation, hasmukh amathalal
- Echo Within, vikram adhikari
- What a Dream it was, mohamed Alpha Ba
- The Sky Above, vikram adhikari
- Burton & Taylor, Bill Grace
- The Echoes rattle, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Where statues from their eyes Shed Tears, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The ghosts and shrouds, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The inward echo, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As Soon as Fred Gets Out of Bed, Jack Prelutsky
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Barbie Doll, Marge Piercy
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 March 1941 -)