Saints and Angels
A gift from on high
your love was never a lie.
Your prayer was so strong
It made my ways wrong.
So when heaven sings
I know it's because you have wings.
I was selfish and didn't want to let you go
But now there is a higher show.
So be near to me
And never lose the key.
A forever love will be my way
And with the saints and angels you will stay.
Christina Byrd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Saints and Angels by Christina Byrd )
- Save Your Questions, David Griebel
- Comfort, Alexandra Motschmann
- ISIS and Anti-terror victory, Alexandra Motschmann
- Strange Coincidence, Khairul Ahsan
- THE WRINKLED YOUNG LADY, Visato Kiso
- The Preacher's Wife, Effie Waller Smith
- The Light of Day, David Griebel
- FAIRY TALE PRINCESS, Visato Kiso
- Flowers, David Griebel
- Apple Sauce And Chicken Fried, Effie Waller Smith
Poem of the Day
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Peace. A Study, Charles Stuart Calverley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(15 April 1958)