RIC S. BASTASA
SAMMY YOU'VE GOT MAIL
I am imagining how you look today,
perhaps you do not have time
to cut your nails anymore
no time to trim your beard and
shape it like a nest for a bird
no time to wash & shampoo your hair
to give it a flowery smell
no time to brush your teeth to make
then appear pearly white to the girls
perhaps you have not taken a bath
for forty days and so you stink like
an unwanted skunk on the lake
why Sammy? don't you like the beauty
and goodness of life anymore?
why? do people shy away from you
or you shy away from them?
what did you put at the center of your
universe? God or you?
Sammy life has got a lot to offer
If and If you make God as its center.
Try it, and if all these else fails
Come to me I'll give you the best
Assistance for the suicide in your life.
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (SAMMY YOU'VE GOT MAIL by RIC S. BASTASA )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- In Memoriam, Sandra Feldman
- Don't Say, I Said, Michael McParland
- Don't Say Goodbye, Michael McParland
- To you My Friend!, Shaila Touchton
- Domestic Dreams, Michael McParland
- Do I Have To?, Michael McParland
- Destiny, Michael McParland
- Depths, Michael McParland
- Demonic Monster, Michael McParland
- Look Who's Watching, Jim Yerman