When I had no roof I made
Audacity my roof. When I had
No supper my eyes dined.
When I had no eyes I listened.
When I had no ears I thought.
When I had no thought I waited.
When I had no father I made
Care my father. When I had
No mother I embraced order.
When I had no friend I made
Quiet my friend. When I had no
Enemy I opposed my body.
When I had no temple I made
My voice my temple. I have
No priest, my tongue is my choir.
When I have no means fortune
Is my means. When I have
Nothing, death will be my fortune.
Need is my tactic, detachment
Is my strategy. When I had
No lover I courted my sleep.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Samurai Song by Robert Pinsky )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Lights, Camera, Action, Sandra Feldman
- Turned Onto Suicidal Paths, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Last Page, Bhaskar Rabha
- Peace, SALINI NAIR
- With a glance on Cuito Cuanavale, Gert Strydom
- Inferno, Gert Strydom
- Exactly in this time(ঠিক এইখিনি সময়তে), Bhaskar Rabha
- Evening conversation, Gert Strydom
- Place, laxami Cards
- teaching my baby girls, Jason Callender