When I had no roof I made
Audacity my roof. When I had
No supper my eyes dined.
When I had no eyes I listened.
When I had no ears I thought.
When I had no thought I waited.
When I had no father I made
Care my father. When I had
No mother I embraced order.
When I had no friend I made
Quiet my friend. When I had no
Enemy I opposed my body.
When I had no temple I made
My voice my temple. I have
No priest, my tongue is my choir.
When I have no means fortune
Is my means. When I have
Nothing, death will be my fortune.
Need is my tactic, detachment
Is my strategy. When I had
No lover I courted my sleep.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Samurai Song by Robert Pinsky )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Animal Rights(A Surrogate Hen), U Win Kyi
- Violence in silence, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Conscience, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Compassionate Bondage, Monk E. Biz
- Flowers on my feet, Cigeng Zhang
- what do you think, Edgar Stevenson
- Poem: Let Me Touch His Garment, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- Genre-Free Nights Nine 74, Anne Tardos
- The Masculine Point of View Nine 73, Anne Tardos
- The Outsider, Ruth Manning-Sanders