`Say 'it's over'
Telling myself not to worry
Lying to myself everything will be okay
Repeating the obvious in my mind
it ain't helping a thing
I wanted Love
and you brought it down
I wanted you
and you forced me away
I wanted you to stay
but the next day
You flew away
I get it,
In my arms, happiness isnt found.
I understand.. He is better for you.
I agree.. lets forget I ever wanted you..
I'll break the string that ties us together..
I'll wrap it around my heart so maybe maybe it'll stay together.
I'll turn away.. so you can finally say 'it's over'
Dislocated Heart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (`Say 'it's over' by Dislocated Heart )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Sleigh Ride, Peter E. Evans
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou