`Say 'it's over'
Telling myself not to worry
Lying to myself everything will be okay
Repeating the obvious in my mind
it ain't helping a thing
I wanted Love
and you brought it down
I wanted you
and you forced me away
I wanted you to stay
but the next day
You flew away
I get it,
In my arms, happiness isnt found.
I understand.. He is better for you.
I agree.. lets forget I ever wanted you..
I'll break the string that ties us together..
I'll wrap it around my heart so maybe maybe it'll stay together.
I'll turn away.. so you can finally say 'it's over'
Dislocated Heart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (`Say 'it's over' by Dislocated Heart )
- Fibonacci: Cosmic Spiral, Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel ..
- Reflection On Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Planet Hollywood Birthdays, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Distant Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Don't, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Surmounting Problems, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Reflection, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Marks Of Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Wake Of Suicide, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Miracle, Vian Sabri
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(1644 - 1694)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1716 - 1784)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)