Aren't there bigger things to talk about
Than a window in Greenwich Village
And hyacinths sprouting
Like little puce poems out of a sick soul?
Some cosmic hearsay—
As to whom—it can't be Mars! put the moon—that way….
Or what winds do to canyons
Under the tall stars…
How that old roué, Neptune,
Cranes over his bald-head moons
At the twinkling heel of a sky-scraper.
Lola Ridge's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Scandal by Lola Ridge )
- Tinnitus - New York Style, Geoffrey Fafard
- Love's Metaphor, Naveed Khalid
- Aurora, Naveed Khalid
- Mythology, Naveed Khalid
- Gifts Of Heredity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- On His Metaphysics, Naveed Khalid
- Pining Daily, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mandrake, Naveed Khalid
- Breathing Easier Now, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Surge, the Night Unseen: There Is a Dawn, Aeronius D. McCoy