I'm scared of the day, the day I stop missing you.
I'm scared slowly day by day my mind will erase the memory of you.
I put a lot of trust in this, and you said that it was different.
You said you could try again, you said you go the distance.
I guess I should tell you though, a little bit more about me.
Though I try to act like I don't mind, those days were bliss to me.
It hurts you know the truth, that I love you way more than you like me,
and that my heart beats so fast at the thought of you back with me.
My heart won't stop pounding, it knows something isn't right.
Since the day you left, it beats a frantic beat.
This loss truly feels like my life is being taken away from me.
I hope you don't feel that these words are lies,
an illusion because we've shared limited time,
or that I'm completely insane for thinking about you,
I promise you I haven't lost my mind.
Well the truth is that you are right me for me, and you've known it since we met.
Not once did we fight, there's something you just have to get.
I don't want anyone else but you my girl, and I know this to be true.
We'll build this up together and I'll always be there for you.
It's obvious that I'm attached baby
Come back soon to my arms and let me remember you.
Let me forget the bad, and focus on the good,
let us make our future bright, something like Hollywood.
I don't know what you feel inside, or if this load you can carry.
I ask you not to be scared, but to remember the feelings that you had were true.
I hope we'll be getting to know each other more,
so open and let me in because I'm so not over you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Scared by Brandon Shutter )
- Hurting 2, Michael McParland
- Pen it down, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Mountain Parkway, Stacy L. Mar
- Alabama Truck Stops, Stacy L. Mar
- Of Supernovas and Starfire, Stacy L. Mar
- Of You, Who Do Not Know Me, Stacy L. Mar
- The Wind Blowing Backwards, Stacy L. Mar
- Metrazol, Luke J. Holt
- Sliding Into Old Shoes, Stacy L. Mar
- Like Fallen Gods, Stacy L. Mar
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns