Scatter My Ashes
Scatter my ashes to the sky so that I can see the world passing by
There is no time in death you see
Everything goes by so rapidly.
For you it’s seconds, minutes, hours, and days
But for me it’s all the same.
For all in life there have been so many mysteries
But in death – they’re all plain to see
People fear what lies ahead
But what’s the difference now that you’re dead.
You look at the shell you left behind
And it looks out of place and out of time.
It is a shell and nothing more, and now you’re
Walking into a brand new door
A door where life really begins and no such thing as mortal sin.
A place of beauty and tranquility beyond your wildest dreams
And family and friends gather around to speak of this love abound.
There is love in the eyes of everyone you see
And you live in total harmony.
Yes! You can scatter my ashes to the sea
For I am with my LORD and finally free.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Scatter My Ashes by louis rams )
- Dying roosters, Nikola Pajtic
- Narcissus, Mark Heathcote
- Birthday, bryan wallace
- My Jason Lytle Suggestion, Mark R. Elias
- Poetic Aspirations, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Living With An Open Heart, Renee Marie
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Heather Burns