John Shaw Neilson
Fear it has faded and the night:
The bells all peal the hour of nine:
The schoolgirls hastening through the light
Touch the unknowable Divine.
What leavening in my heart would bide!
Full dreams a thousand deep are there:
All luminants succumb beside
The unbound melody of hair.
Joy the long timorous takes the flute:
Valiant with colour songs are born:
Love the impatient absolute
Lives as a Saviour in the morn
Get thou behind me Shadow-Death!
Oh ye Eternities delay!
Morning is with me and the breath
Of schoolgirls hastening down the way.
John Shaw Neilson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Schoolgirls Hastening by John Shaw Neilson )
- SOME THOUGHTS ABOUT THE SUN, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- I am always with you, gajanan mishra
- SOFT POCKET HERCULES, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- You cannot go, gajanan mishra
- Rebecca, Claudia Scott
- DREAM TIME, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- ABOUT NOTHING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Humpty Dumpty, michael hagwood
- ELEGY FOR THE LIVING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- guardian angel, Miss. Tanease Berry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)