delilah contrapunctal.... yes, that's how I intended to spell it.........
you weren't red
nor were you a wheelbarrow
you didn't mind a walk in the rain
slower walks these last months...
parts of his life
did depend on you...
all of yours
your spots and splotches
tales of villages/encampments
told in whorls, grays and blacks
on a field of soft white...
dots and freckles, notes written on a staff...
there's the bass clef sign, there the treble....
sleep....free of pain, giver of joy....dear friend....
he carries your heart....
Jazz is glad to see you....running
in the green
Topic of this poem: art
delilah contrapunctal.... yes, that's how I intended to spell it.........'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Scooter by delilah contrapunctal.... yes, that's how I intended to spell it......... )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Impossibility, Tanya K.Tuomi
- An Unemployed Machinist, John Giorno
- C a s t l e ~of~ S p i r i t s..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- I Change, Rimni chakravarty
- Life Be Too Short For 'o Ruing..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Bless You Always, Michael P. McParland
- ' The Misunderstanding Of Poetry..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Earth's work of heart, Roann Mendriq
- Poem for Gushungo, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- A Cheaper Way To Fly, Darren Hobson