delilah contrapunctal.... yes, that's how I intended to spell it.........
you weren't red
nor were you a wheelbarrow
you didn't mind a walk in the rain
slower walks these last months...
parts of his life
did depend on you...
all of yours
your spots and splotches
tales of villages/encampments
told in whorls, grays and blacks
on a field of soft white...
dots and freckles, notes written on a staff...
there's the bass clef sign, there the treble....
sleep....free of pain, giver of joy....dear friend....
he carries your heart....
Jazz is glad to see you....running
in the green
delilah contrapunctal.... yes, that's how I intended to spell it.........'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Scooter by delilah contrapunctal.... yes, that's how I intended to spell it......... )
- Insensibile, Gianfranco Aurilio
- Soul Gives Life to Dreams xx xxx xx .., Lee Mack
- Dreams Everyone Dreams, Rohit Sapra
- because we're both globe-trotters, Mandolyn ...
- Interior Constraint, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Silent voice, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Gentlemen For Me, Poetic Lilly Emery
- The eyes of the stars is the eyes of Sta.., Raymond Sawyer
- Let's Live in Peace, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Dry My Tears, Poetic Lilly Emery
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Young Housewife, William Carlos Williams
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1927)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)