delilah contrapunctal.... yes, that's how I intended to spell it.........
you weren't red
nor were you a wheelbarrow
you didn't mind a walk in the rain
slower walks these last months...
parts of his life
did depend on you...
all of yours
your spots and splotches
tales of villages/encampments
told in whorls, grays and blacks
on a field of soft white...
dots and freckles, notes written on a staff...
there's the bass clef sign, there the treble....
sleep....free of pain, giver of joy....dear friend....
he carries your heart....
Jazz is glad to see you....running
in the green
delilah contrapunctal.... yes, that's how I intended to spell it.........'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Scooter by delilah contrapunctal.... yes, that's how I intended to spell it......... )
- Truth is in south, gajanan mishra
- Student, Paul Sebastian
- "While drifting away..." / Bla.., Jeff Gangwer
- Teacher, Paul Sebastian
- A Wrenched Knee, Jeff Gangwer
- Leader, Paul Sebastian
- Gin Again, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Teardrops for flowers flow, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The witches teaparty, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The walking moon, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)