The sea is
a blank face
that hides its personalities
as it drowns men
and sinks boats
as it covers the earth
in its watery clutches.
washes away your troubles
in dark times,
when all seems lost.
gives back all it takes
when you lie
in its waters.
With waves lapping at your feet.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sea by Jaway Woo )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Making Love to Myself, James L. White
- The Gooder Ones, Tosin Abegunde
- Express nothing, gajanan mishra
- Missing You, Ronald Chapman
- You Are Beautiful, Ronald Chapman
- The Gift, Ronald Chapman
- Reaching Yellow River, Roberta Hill Whiteman
- Philadelphia Flowers, Roberta Hill Whiteman
- Highland laddie, Peter Hall
- Night, Ronald Chapman