Searching For Love
Two more loving hearts have joined the ranks
Two more loving hearts giving thanks
Although it has taken some time
We have left our loneliness behind.
Every time we looked around
Loneliness would drag us down.
Now all we see is happiness every day
And no one will take that away.
The most beautiful thing in this world
More beautiful than diamonds and pearls.
Is love given to us from up above.
Love can make the darkest day turn bright
And all its beauties become in plain sight.
Things that you had never noticed before
Like an orange sky surrounded by blue
And the morning sun peeping through.
Clouds of white drifting by
While the birds are flying high
The sound of the birds chirping in the trees
All these beauties are for free.
The autumn leaves of red and gold
Such a beautiful sight to behold.
A smile from a stranger
That you once saw full of anger.
The nightly scents of flowers in bloom
That once were hidden in the darkness of the moon.
The smell of jasmine and lavender in the air
Wiping away all troubles and cares.
These are just some of the things that you find
When you leave that lonely road behind.
Search for love - no matter what it takes
Otherwise it’ll be too late.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Searching For Love by louis rams )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Bull, Ralph Hodgson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
Poem of the Day
- A pencil on a painting, Ntando.B Da poet
- Distance, Alex Rodriguez
- Fierceless, Alex Rodriguez
- A Thousand More, Smoky Hoss
- i think i left my hand in yours. go look., Mandolyn ...
- Wild cold of novemeber, Alex Rodriguez
- Far Off, Sentamu Aziz
- Mill By The River, Stratis Havarti
- Take A Stand, Saiom Shriver
- Suckling, Saiom Shriver