Searching For Love
Two more loving hearts have joined the ranks
Two more loving hearts giving thanks
Although it has taken some time
We have left our loneliness behind.
Every time we looked around
Loneliness would drag us down.
Now all we see is happiness every day
And no one will take that away.
The most beautiful thing in this world
More beautiful than diamonds and pearls.
Is love given to us from up above.
Love can make the darkest day turn bright
And all its beauties become in plain sight.
Things that you had never noticed before
Like an orange sky surrounded by blue
And the morning sun peeping through.
Clouds of white drifting by
While the birds are flying high
The sound of the birds chirping in the trees
All these beauties are for free.
The autumn leaves of red and gold
Such a beautiful sight to behold.
A smile from a stranger
That you once saw full of anger.
The nightly scents of flowers in bloom
That once were hidden in the darkness of the moon.
The smell of jasmine and lavender in the air
Wiping away all troubles and cares.
These are just some of the things that you find
When you leave that lonely road behind.
Search for love - no matter what it takes
Otherwise it’ll be too late.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Searching For Love by louis rams )
- if i were a day, i'd say, Mandolyn ...
- In bed, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The real moments of truth anytime لحظات .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- to the one who reads me every day on pur.., Mandolyn ...
- to the one who reads me every day, on ac.., Mandolyn ...
- WE POOR VICTIMs, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- Weekend thrill., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Just Before Dawn, Tosin Abegunde
- School., Harold R Hunt Sr
- One's greed leads to one's ugly and gree.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)