Jonathan ROBIN (22 September / London)
Spring slipped away unquantified,
Grasshopper’s summer sung unheard,
autumn, - frost disqualified,
now winter weights with final word.
Although the scope of time and tide
streams wider than before, absurd
seems life as measured – length of ride
distorts perspective, mockingbird
is time whose span’s beatified
by loins and conscience doubly stirred
to worship what should be defied
as jess and jester, bye byword.
This sonnet’s closing couplet each
needs frame for self – who self can’t reach!
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
- *Intelligent Design*
- *Rubaiyat of Invention and Innovation - ...
- *Stranger in Strange Crowd*
- *Superlative Story*
- ... and Lethewards have sunk
- ? Litotes ?
- [H]our Glass after Richard Seymour - The...
- [L]ink Weavers
- 101 Of Room 202
- A Beam of Light
- A Cross T[r]ick - Acrostic
- A Cross Trick Act
- A Dog's Life
- A Fire-Sided T.V. Chat By A Farsighted G...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.