Seasons Of Life
Seasons Of Life
Spring, was my childhood days, full of freedom, fun,
Innocent bliss, carefree thoughts, only sun.
An upbringing, that can be faulted, at times, was swept away.
Deserted by a family, harmful things, weren't at bay.
Summer, was my teenage years, alone, at just sixteen.
Living with, what's thrown my way, there was, no in between.
Hopes and dreams, shattered, With no priorities, in my life.
I had to hide away, my tears, no mother for my strife
Along speeds, the Autumn, Divorced, with children grown,
Recovering, from an illness, Family near, but still alone.
Now, a woman strolled, into my heart, and changed, my world, again.
Carefree times are here for me, laughter now, not pain Amen.
I live each day, as it comes, keeping a rein, on my bad dreams.
Knowing, my life, Will never again be torn apart at the seams
When Winter, comes a knocking, I know, I've reached my goal,
And will be, looking through the eyes, Of a re-generated soul
James Casey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Seasons Of Life by James Casey )
Did you read them?
- Autumn Season, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- mommy, Josephine Taylor
- Friendly Union, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Your Guardian Angel, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Green Iris, Foster Teegarden
- open the jar, you'll see i'm laughing, Mandolyn ...
- My Affair, Mark Webster
- The Indefinable, Sandra Feldman
- Nothing But A Sweet Sensation, Ronell Warren Alman
- Night Walkers, Olufayo Ezekiel
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)