The Curse of Seclusion
The emaciated dog so lonely it sought company
by looking into a puddle. Afar glittering street light
It had been there seeking food and shelter, but had
been chased away even, by those who had lapdogs.
It heard step, an old man walking slowly bent down
opened a paper bag and fed the cure bread crumbs.
The dog thought “apparently he thinks I´m a duck,
that´s ok, I´m so hungry and lonely it will have to do.”
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (seclusion by oskar hansen )
- Charlotte Old Times (The Cure), B.. Alexander
- Cardinal flower, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Down the Memory Lane, Valsa George
- I Miss You, Viola Hughes
- Little Grass, wasim Akram
- Silence of graveyard, ramesh rai
- Stand Small, Von Kimball Barney
- This Friendship Has Sunk, Francie Lynch
- Smiling, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Desperation and Suicide, Is It Poetry