Second Excursion (Edit Piaf)
Fighting my way through the Metro and jostling
with rude French commuters I found my way back
to where Edith was born. The street was now entirely
Taken over by the Chinese, and best of all several
weddings were going on. The Chinese really can
throw a party, noise, laughter and lovely brides.
While I sat on the steps outside Edith’s house, her
voice came back to me – the offensive blue rinsed
man had not succeeded after all.
It was a beautiful autumnal day and together Edith
and I walked to a park overlooking Paris and saw,
at safe distance, the Fabled Eifel tower looking old,
yet elegant in glorious sunlight.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (second excursion by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Parody, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Prayer for the lost., David Lessard
- UGLY AGGRESSORS معتدون قبيحون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- SANDY AND MUSHMISH (THEY USED TO BE MY L.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Scarecrow Not Quite Dissolving By Orange.., mary douglas
- WHO ARE WE? من نحن ؟, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We Complain, Sandra Feldman
- Trapped Inside This Head Of Mine, david kush
- a light bulb flickers in my dreams, Mandolyn ...
- कर्म ही अब धर्म जहाँ..., Sandhya Jane