Sri Chinmoy Ghose
My sweetest Lord Supreme,
A divine blessing
An animal curse?
'Self-forgetfulness can never be
It can only be
A sad experience
In a seeker's ever running and
To the Beyond.
The self-forgetfulness of puny 'i'
Is a blessing supreme indeed,
As the self-remembrance of the giant 'I'
Is an unparalleled blessing
On the seeker's march along the path
Of reality's space.
Forget the sad and the saddening past;
Remember the illumining
and the illumined present.
Accelerate the birth and the life-flow
Of the fast-approaching future-noon.
Before the dawn of realisation-height,
Self-forgetfulness at times saves
The seeker's inner sky
And outer moon.
After the birth of realisation-height,
Self-forgetfulness in the heart
Of a Master divine
Is the zenith of impossibility remote.'
Sri Chinmoy Ghose's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Self-Forgetfulness by Sri Chinmoy Ghose )
- 강남오피 >>(밤의전쟁) << BAMWAR3.COM, sarah wight1
- Another Day With You, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Waiting for winter., David Lessard
- That Was Then..., David Lewis Paget
- There Are So Many Things..., Dr John Celes
- For Alex in Winter, Neal Beightol
- Last Words, Josilinia Plyman
- Bogus Are Your Deeds, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- An Unfortunate Death, Kim Barney
- in time, Cee Bea
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Ballad of Death, Algernon Charles Swinburne
- Aphrodisiac, Sheldon Allan Silverstein
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)