Lawrence S. Pertillar
Do not dull my 'lift'
By a misery you wish to spread.
I am not having any part of it.
Nor will I sit...
Listening to you retread your dread.
I've let that go.
And I'm not going to advise you,
That you should too!
We've gone over this.
Much more than I care to admit.
You enjoy being witty in a pity I find sick!
And not one part of it,
Will I let it stay on my mind.
You will find,
My steps making tracks.
To leave you where you sit...
With your troubles on your back!
I am no longer available,
To share in your weeping willow business.
I'm donating all aspects of my energy,
To the production of my own happiness.
When it comes to my peace of mind?
I've done the remorse routines.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Selfish? by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- Beside you walks a woman, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- A name on the tree, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Standing In The Middle, Katherine Perry
- Non - Compliance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Understanding, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Is homosexual an adultery?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- my heart zeal's with the angels, Antonio Liao
- Peace Of The Soul, Michael McParland
- Dream: Not Scream, Aftab Alam
- Do you?, Petai Jirakongpipat
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dirge, Ralph Waldo Emerson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Incident In A Rose Garden (By Donald Jus.., michael zhitnitsky
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)