T X Klopfenstein
Send Her Back?
I overheard my father talking
To my mother earlier this week;
It made me want to laugh so hard
That I could barely speak.
He asked her a solemn question
One that made her wonder
It made me finally figure out
Why I always dream of yonder:
'Should we send her back to Betelgeuse,
Her land of native birth
Or keep her here to terrorize
The blander men of Earth? '
My mother thought it through with care
But I danced without a fuss;
So this is why my head is full
Of nonsense pixie dust!
Why my mind is always in the stars
Why my sanity is loose-
I'm not from the Earth at all,
'Cause I'm from Betelgeuse!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Send Her Back? by T X Klopfenstein )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- From Dust To Dust, Neela Nath
- Long ago and far away., richard harris
- The Sisters Jayne, Randy McClave
- DIVINE FAITH & COMPASSION, Tom Zart
- THEY NAMED ME A NAUGHTY BOY كانوا ينادون.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Night, Apurva Prabhudesai
- MOTHER EARTH SANCTUARY CAFÉ, Suzae Chevalier
- Blazing Temples, Buxton Shippy
- Why Haven't You Spoken Yet, Jake?, Maung Khett Seinn
- snow person, lee fones