How do you come to us covered with ashes..? !
How do you come, whispered to us in tears..
We who are roped to the grief..
And..then, you dance over our hearts..? !
How do you come to us..
Wearing the sandal of curiosity,
While blowing howling death in evening.
So we arrange, over the marble,
Farewell ritual of palm fronds,
Of perfume dawn..
To wash the face of grief
The ashes from September..! !
Fatima Nusairat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (September Ashes by Fatima Nusairat )
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- A Young Boy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- GOD'S COMMAND, Tom Zart
- ages, Howard MacDougall
- Wellness doubt, Antonio Liao