In the deep depths of the night
I cannot see you
In the bright of day
You are there
Where do you go at night?
To a whole new world?
To the stars?
Or am I guessing way to big?
Or is there a new one everyday?
How does it feel to be stepped upon all day?
Do you even feel the pain?
Do you even feel at all?
If you can, how do you?
You change which side you stand on,
Throughout the time long day
Do you always stay away from the sun above?
Does it burn your eyes?
How is it being a shadow?
Would you let me try?
Would you like to trade me?
I'll be you and you can be I
Where do you go everyday?
Do you feel?
Are you even there?
Dedicated to my dear silly dog, Shadow.
Jessica Millsaps's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shadow by Jessica Millsaps )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Father of a Diabetic Child, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Market Women: Lake Toba, Karen Swenson
- What Does A Woman Want, Karen Swenson
- Time is, Nassy Fesharaki
- Being lonely, Nitin Mukesh
- Kalighat In Calcutta, Karen Swenson
- I Want To Cry, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- My Heart seems to be A Stepping Stone, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- The Tears In Your Eyes, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Inside My Heart is Dying, LAURA EGGEBRECHT