Am I a shadow,
An image of something real?
that only survives a few hours a day,
Fades when the clock strikes 12
Living on borrowed time,
Fighting darkness that takes me away
to a distant place,
Waiting anxiously to re-appear the next day
just to find the struggle continues.
No guarantee I will be seen as
clouds looming threaten me still.
One minute here and then fade I will.
I keep shifting with the angle of the sun.
No place to call home, no place to run.
Dependant on time to determine when I'll be,
dependant on you and whether you'll see me
Before once again darkness envelopes me.
If the night permits I may rise again
In the soft moonlight, and only then
when the night is clear.
But when this happens you are never near.
So visible I may be
I'm still alone....just me.
GHOST WRITER's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shadow by GHOST WRITER )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Elimination of Stress and Strife in My L.., K J Force
- Philip's Philippines, Richard Thripp
- less, lee fones
- Boven de Mens'lijkheid, Madrason writer
- Sleep To Dream, Arafat Driche
- The curse of poverty, Arafat Driche
- The Statue, Arafat Driche
- House hunting, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Mother Mother Mother..............! ! !, Arafat Driche
- Night of Nights, Arafat Driche