Am I a shadow,
An image of something real?
that only survives a few hours a day,
Fades when the clock strikes 12
Living on borrowed time,
Fighting darkness that takes me away
to a distant place,
Waiting anxiously to re-appear the next day
just to find the struggle continues.
No guarantee I will be seen as
clouds looming threaten me still.
One minute here and then fade I will.
I keep shifting with the angle of the sun.
No place to call home, no place to run.
Dependant on time to determine when I'll be,
dependant on you and whether you'll see me
Before once again darkness envelopes me.
If the night permits I may rise again
In the soft moonlight, and only then
when the night is clear.
But when this happens you are never near.
So visible I may be
I'm still alone....just me.
GHOST WRITER's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shadow by GHOST WRITER )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Mending Wall, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- I Want A Foreigner Girl For Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Blackberries / Briars, Frank Avon
- Daru Pikar Naya Varsha Shuru Karne Ka Er.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- It Is Time, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mother's Love, Father's Love, Sister's L.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- 52, Frank Avon
- Treasure, M.J. Lemon
- For A Friend... (Prose) ..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Thank you Poets!, Paul Sebastian
- One Mourning In The August of '17, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR