Am I a shadow,
An image of something real?
that only survives a few hours a day,
Fades when the clock strikes 12
Living on borrowed time,
Fighting darkness that takes me away
to a distant place,
Waiting anxiously to re-appear the next day
just to find the struggle continues.
No guarantee I will be seen as
clouds looming threaten me still.
One minute here and then fade I will.
I keep shifting with the angle of the sun.
No place to call home, no place to run.
Dependant on time to determine when I'll be,
dependant on you and whether you'll see me
Before once again darkness envelopes me.
If the night permits I may rise again
In the soft moonlight, and only then
when the night is clear.
But when this happens you are never near.
So visible I may be
I'm still alone....just me.
GHOST WRITER's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shadow by GHOST WRITER )
- Sunshine In Your Eyes, Eleonor Santiago
- Run, run, run and running, gajanan mishra
- Run, run, run, gajanan mishra
- What About Tomorrow, Claude H Oliver II
- My Time, Claude H Oliver II
- The ball, gajanan mishra
- Thousand Lullabies, Eleonor Santiago
- Highest Sky, Eleonor Santiago
- Paradise Rhyme, Eleonor Santiago
- To the Depths, Eleonor Santiago
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(15 September 1889 – 22 May 1948)