Poem about cinderella. You can read the best cinderella poems. Browse through all cinderella poems.
I guess you think you know this story.
You don't. The real one's much more gory.
The phoney one, the one you know,
Was cooked up years and years ago,
And made to sound all soft and sappy
just to keep the children happy.
Mind you, they got the first bit right,
The bit where, in the dead of night,
The Ugly Sisters, jewels and all,
Departed for the Palace Ball,
While darling little Cinderella
Was locked up in a slimy cellar,
Where rats who wanted things to eat,
Began to nibble at her feet.
She bellowed 'Help!' and 'Let me out!
The Magic Fairy heard her shout.
Appearing in a blaze of light,
She said: 'My dear, are you all right?'
'All right?' cried Cindy .'Can't you see
'I feel as rotten as can be!'
She beat her fist against the wall,
And shouted, 'Get me to the Ball!
'There is a Disco at the Palace!
'The rest have gone and I am jealous!
'I want a dress! I want a coach!
'And earrings and a diamond brooch!
'And silver slippers, two of those!
'And lovely nylon panty hose!
'Done up like that I'll guarantee
'The handsome Prince will fall for me!'
The Fairy said, 'Hang on a tick.'
She gave her wand a mighty flick
And quickly, in no time at all,
Cindy was at the Palace Ball!
It made the Ugly Sisters wince
To see her dancing with the Prince.
She held him very tight and pressed
herself against his manly chest.
The Prince himself was turned to pulp,
All he could do was gasp and gulp.
Then midnight struck. She shouted,'Heck!
I've got to run to save my neck!'
The Prince cried, 'No! Alas! Alack!'
He grabbed her dress to hold her back.
As Cindy shouted, 'Let me go!'
The dress was ripped from head to toe.
She ran out in her underwear,
And lost one slipper on the stair.
The Prince was on it like a dart,
He pressed it to his pounding heart,
'The girl this slipper fits,' he cried,
'Tomorrow morn shall be my bride!
I'll visit every house in town
'Until I've tracked the maiden down!'
Then rather carelessly, I fear,
He placed it on a crate of beer.
At once, one of the Ugly Sisters,
(The one whose face was blotched with blisters)
Sneaked up and grabbed the dainty shoe,
And quickly flushed it down the loo.
Then in its place she calmly put
The slipper from her own left foot.
Ah ha, you see, the plot grows thicker,
And Cindy's luck starts looking sicker.
Next day, the Prince went charging down
To knock on all the doors in town.
In every house, the tension grew.
Who was the owner of the shoe?
The shoe was long and very wide.
(A normal foot got lost inside.)
Also it smelled a wee bit icky.
(The owner's feet were hot and sticky.)
Thousands of eager people came
To try it on, but all in vain.
Now came the Ugly Sisters' go.
One tried it on. The Prince screamed, 'No!'
But she screamed, 'Yes! It fits! Whoopee!
'So now you've got to marry me!'
The Prince went white from ear to ear.
He muttered, 'Let me out of here.'
'Oh no you don't! You made a vow!
'There's no way you can back out now!'
'Off with her head!'The Prince roared back.
They chopped it off with one big whack.
This pleased the Prince. He smiled and said,
'She's prettier without her head.'
Then up came Sister Number Two,
Who yelled, 'Now I will try the shoe!'
'Try this instead!' the Prince yelled back.
He swung his trusty sword and smack
Her head went crashing to the ground.
It bounced a bit and rolled around.
In the kitchen, peeling spuds,
Cinderella heard the thuds
Of bouncing heads upon the floor,
And poked her own head round the door.
'What's all the racket? 'Cindy cried.
'Mind your own bizz,' the Prince replied.
Poor Cindy's heart was torn to shreds.
My Prince! she thought. He chops off heads!
How could I marry anyone
Who does that sort of thing for fun?
The Prince cried, 'Who's this dirty slut?
'Off with her nut! Off with her nut!'
Just then, all in a blaze of light,
The Magic Fairy hove in sight,
Her Magic Wand went swoosh and swish!
'Cindy! 'she cried, 'come make a wish!
'Wish anything and have no doubt
'That I will make it come about!'
Cindy answered, 'Oh kind Fairy,
'This time I shall be more wary.
'No more Princes, no more money.
'I have had my taste of honey.
I'm wishing for a decent man.
'They're hard to find. D'you think you can?'
Within a minute, Cinderella
Was married to a lovely feller,
A simple jam maker by trade,
Who sold good home-made marmalade.
Their house was filled with smiles and laughter
And they were happy ever after. read more »
You always read about it:
the plumber with the twelve children
who wins the Irish Sweepstakes.
From toilets to riches. read more »
A lonely child with toil o’ertaxed,
Sits Cinderella by the fire;
Her limbs in weariness relaxed,
And in her eyes a sad desire. read more »
Cinderella in the street
In a ragged gown,
Sloven slippers on her feet,
Shames our tidy town; read more »
5.In Search Of Cinderella
From dusk to dawn,
From town to town,
Without a single clue,
I seek the tender, slender foot read more »
If my name was Cinderella
You could be the prince
I could wear my sparkling prom dress
We could fall in love the moment our eyes meet read more »
Look me over, kid!
I know I’m neat, -
Little Cinderella from head to feet.
Drinks all night at Club Alabam, - read more »
Come to the theatre, discern the actions, there on the stage,
With actors giving you their all, your interest to engage,
The light, scenery and music, the atmosphere is great,
There's drama, and there's comedy, it's a chance to celebrate. read more »
9.Michael Jackson, the Thriller, Died
Michael Jackson, the Thriller, Died
Life is unfair
To those who dare read more »
Cinderella was a nice gal
Always did what she was told
Put others before herself
Cinderella had lots of hopes and dreams read more »
11.A Moments Escape
Take me back in time
Open my timeless capsule of
your soul read more »
It’s Midnight my love
Its time for me to disappear
And leave behind my
Golden slipper read more »
New Cinderella Poems
- Indian English Drama, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Cinderella, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Cinderella social symbol., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Cinderella a strong woman., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Cinderella the delighted., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Life journey of cinderella., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Innocence of cinderella., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Cinderella in universe., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Cinderella the young girl., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Lucy in Cinderella, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Cinderella the dear, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Cinderella the cute girl., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Cinderella, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- unique girl, maharshi trivedi
- CINDERELLA, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- No One Ever Asked Prince Charming, Dipstick Doggie
- A Woman in the Rains, Akhtar Jawad
- Illusions of a Fantasy, Sir FreeBird Edwards
- Cinderella, Heather Burns
- Cinderella's Table Cloth, mary douglas
- I Wish I Was Cinderella, Aurielle Drummer
- Cinderella, Saddam Husen
- I am not Cinderella!, Allie Phillips
- A Broken Cinderella, Paula Glynn
- Bluebells dance in the wind, Daleen Enslinstrydom
- I Can Not Live Without My Cinderella, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Want More Than This [REVISED], Margaret Alice Second
- Turn on the light, .... Chetty
- Cinderella, Lylo Benant
- A Rhyme Of Cinderella, Efe Benjamin
- My Happily Ever After, Jade Blaydes
- I spend my days like Cinderella, Asif Andalib
- A Cinderella Dance, Emmanuela Petit Frere
- In My shoe, Tee'k Aminu
- Happily Ever After, Maria Regina Ancheta
- My Cinderella, Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
- Not a Cinderella., Rebecca .C.
- Snow Whites' Got the Blues, Karen TeichCluster
- My Cinderella, Cole Troyer
- Thou Innocence Anointed And Jordan Bathed, Miroslava Odalovic
- My Friend, j mariz maramion
- Cinderella, Loraine Lotter
- Honeymoon, Tsira Gogeshvili
- Picture Hieroglyphs: Sacred Love Story, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Myth and reality, shoshana vegh
- I'm not Cinderella, Vivin Seprini
- Adelaida: A Cuban Cinderella, Ana Monnar
- My Dreamworld, Swatimalya Chattopadhyay
- Cinderella Limericks, Patti Masterman
- ! C FOR COURAGE!, Ajay Pisharody
- Feasts, Boris Pasternak
- There's magic in the air - Pantoum, Patti Masterman
- Bedtime Stories, Madison Preston
- Cinderella, Soraka Starchild
- Cinderella Renewed, Myra Ahmad
- TALE OF WOE - A CINDERELLA STORY, sabina bista
- Disney Story, Emily Reid
- 2010/01/22 Cinderella Tribute, Margaret Alice
- I`m Not Prince Charming And Will Never B.., MiJ HeNrieL
- Fairy Tales, Amy Jayne
- halku - 64, Maria Barbara Korynt
- I'm Staying Me! ! ! ! ! ! !, No Reason To Care
- Modern Cinderella, Desiree Bradford
- Cinderella, LeighAnne Adams
- cinderella, Mishelle walker
- Cinderella, Sami Woodall
- Fairytail life, Tessa Monaghan
- CINDERELLA'S SHOES, Brian Taylor
- Im not that Cinderella, Mikaiila .S.
- Ode to Cinderella, Swarnapali Liyanage
- Abused Cinderella, Bella Ravenstar
- Learn To Love Again, Daniel Wittfoth
- Cinderella, ESPN CHICK
- Cinderella, Ramona Thompson
- carpe diem