Shakespeare & Poet For The Lord = Tom Zart
Shakespeare, perhaps the greatest writer in history
In his day was known as a master of good plays.
The theater gave him the freedom to create
And in turn he put hearts and souls a blaze.
Far from the world of the stage
Shakespeare was born in April of 1564.
In the little English town called Stratford
With several sisters and brothers after and before.
All the boys went to the same grammar school
As soon as they could read and write.
Where the only subject taught was Latin
Which was of little use to those born bright.
At 18 he married a woman named Anne Hathaway
Who was 8 years older than he.
The daughter of a neighboring farmer
Who bore his children, with twins, made three.
In 7 years he was a successful actor
After starting his career at 21.
Only the best actors found work in London
And by the grace a God Shakespeare was one.
Many actors of the period were playwrights
And Shakespeare was one of the best.
His greatest success was Henry VI,
Which placed him above the rest.
Shakespeare turned to another kind of writing
When because of a plague London theaters had to close.
He wrote two narrative poems greatly admired by the critics
Though to be famous as a poet, he never wanted or chose.
He instead, turned back to the life of the stage
As soon as the theaters reopened again.
He joined an acting company until he retired
Writing plays for the Chamberlain’s Men.
Shakespeare died in 1616
And was buried in his local church back home.
Where he had been baptized 52 years before
He lies in his grave silent and alone.
TOM ZART = POET FOR THE LORD
I’m a poet for the Lord
Who created all I love.
A blind man riding a fast horse
Fulfilled by my Father above.
God has blessed me 507 times
With stories I could never compose on my own.
Love, war, faith and the answers of life
Are the seeds of His poems I’ve sown.
I’m the most over blessed man I’ve met
I should have been dead a thousand times.
But God sees to it I stay alive
To disciple His goodness to hearts and minds.
Some get up and preach a good sermon
Others stand up and sing a divine song.
I step forth with heart and soul
And deliver God’s words of right and wrong.
Tom Zart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
http: //www.veteranstodayforum.com/viewforum.php? f=38
Tom's 507 Poems Are Free To Share!
By God's Poet
Most Published Poet
On The Web!
Comments about this poem (Shakespeare & Poet For The Lord = Tom Zart by Tom Zart )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- I Am Nobody, Michael McParland
- Luggage, Kirsty Higginson
- There Is No Place For True Contributor, Pijush Biswas
- Bachchon ka ghar बच्चों का घर, S.D. TIWARI
- Goodnight Prayer(For You), Michael McParland
- Marching On, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rum, crumbs!, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Point It Out To You, Edward Kofi Louis
- elephant selfie, lee fones
- You Are Very Beautiful II, Edward Kofi Louis