She sits alone
She sits in the corner all alone.
She doesn't have a friend to call her own.
Sitting, waiting, feeling left out.
Her only choice is to sit there and pout.
She quietly watches everyone else.
No one accepts her for being herself.
Her heart is torn, her wounds are deep.
She wishes to fall into an eternal sleep.
The tears start to fall and she loses it all.
She questions her life, what's it worth and why isn't she in heaven and off this earth?
A lost cause, a lost soul.
Her world in pieces, her heart no longer whole.
She sat in the corner, but now she's not there...
There was nothing to live for...
So she didn't care...
Leise Landreth's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (She sits alone by Leise Landreth )
- THOUSAND MOONS, Satish Verma
- Where Larkspur Have The Purple Winds Gat.., mary douglas
- Rising For Another Day, Michael McParland
- The head, gajanan mishra
- Tobacco use, hasmukh amathalal
- Mystery of love, Chiazo Egbukwu
- Complete homes, hasmukh amathalal
- Landfill, Phil Soar
- W-a-t-c-h! Fury online movie free full s.., afandi azhaa
- Inadequacy (Depression), Avuyile 'Avue' Maseko
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)