Because I fancy the endless shore
Running good miles kissing the sky at times
Eternal beauty strike its face, glory defined
Moments dwell, there in her arms the pebbles
They come, in chaste delight lie on her palms.
From morn till dusk, from twilight till dark
The Foaming surfs break into her lap,
Silently she smiles and hear their pangs,
Of good tides, moments of love,
Of how they rush to glance their forbidden love,
Some tales of unfulfilled deep true bond
Shaken by nature's rude strewn luck,
Some rustic forgotten maiden's seigh
Who awaits to see the sails fluttering high
From whence peeping from board her lover shall smile
Enriching her world in crimson light....
Oh! Pretty Shore thou run through miles
Speckled with white grainy sprite!
Oh Delphi Queen! Thou art true saint
Embracing all timid or great
Thy boundless face, wide open arms
Arouse new flames of youthful mirth
I fancy thus the timeless shores
In whose embrace I open my core....
Ella Goodman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shore by Ella Goodman )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- I Truly Love you, Michael P. McParland
- Hand on Stomach, Mae AC.
- I Still Read.........For Sandra Feldman, Michael P. McParland
- Slouches, Mae AC.
- My Keyboard Gentely Weeps, Michael P. McParland
- My Gift, Michael P. McParland
- Raises Eyebrows, Mae AC.
- My Friend Mee Too, Michael P. McParland
- My Dear Sweet Kira, Michael P. McParland
- My Angel, Michael P. McParland