When one is shot, it still makes news,
Normally involving known crime.
The victim's sorted by who's who's,
A motive found in place, in time.
The unsolved cases give me thought.
Are some simply shot randomly?
What are the odds my being shot,
By you who just happens to be
Walking a busy city street,
When and where I am walking too,
And by chance the two of us meet,
As I walk, I am shot by you?
Just you and me in ebb and flow,
No rhyme nor reason - just tiz so!
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shot Thought by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Honest Love, Ronald Chapman
- Homage to Sarah Geronimo 'The Pop Star P.., Ronald Chapman
- False Prophets, Dexsta Ray
- scenic scene, lee fones
- Hold On, Ronald Chapman
- Very simple life, hasmukh amathalal
- SeeAn (Name Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Jenny Cho (Name Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Making It, Sibghatullah Khan
- A Broken Mirror, Naveed Khalid