as slow as the heart beats
in a void of no feeling
so does life breathe
in a space with no air
even as the sounds emanate
and the echo returns
from the void of months of waiting
so does understanding
i sit here
under this atomic tree
lost in a whirlwind of explanations
unable to tune in.
stilled by the seeds of contemplation
my mind finds a new river
that froths in its fury of journeys
and settles into a calm stream.
i wait here for the oceans solace
and the escape from the turbulence
of knowing the words of the world
and the silence that resides in me.
Marshall Gass's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
- See more at: http: //allpoetry.com/poem/11578157-silence-by-Marshall-Gass#sthash.3qXsvg5X.dpuf
Comments about this poem (Silence by Marshall Gass )
- She does, hasmukh amathalal
- Multi-dimensional; heavens?, Mark Heathcote
- Watch, ramesh rai
- You Know I Do, Michael McParland
- Drowning, Neela Nath
- Where to go, gajanan mishra
- This African Woman, Anthony Seyi Abiodun
- My sky is not clear and blue, BARRY WYATT JR.
- Salvation, gajanan mishra
- beef, it's what boys like, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)