Danny The Dreamer Boyd
I sit behind a shady screen,
Scouting life in a still state:
In hope to see what is unseen,
Or glimpse hope or contemplate.
It's not as easy as it seems,
I'd rather be taking part;
But life is tough and rough with beams:
That crush the spirit and the heart.
I sense them laugh and feel them cry:
Beyond a bunch of shallow signs;
I see them pray and praise and pry,
And prison themselves in false confines.
But I am not to judge anyone:
For passiveness' prize's only shame;
And judges who're yet wasted won:
None but just inglorious fame!
I wonder why these lonely souls,
Keep living in this unreal realm!
And I am not the one to stroll:
In what could possibly peace overwhelm.
I sat behind a rainy window:
And feared that I'm just passing through;
While the drops outside did like pain glow,
And the drops inside did agony accrue.
I sit behind an unshaded screen
Silently, and just await:
The right moment or a chance serene,
And wish that it won't come too late!
Danny The Dreamer Boyd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Silent Watcher by Danny The Dreamer Boyd )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 October 1938)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Night Thought, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Self Pride, Katherine Perry
- Father, hafiz qasim
- who stole my thunder, Cee Bea
- The Poet in Crossroad, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Communists Turn Autocratic and Dictatorial, Bijay Kant Dubey
- what to say, Cee Bea
- Children, hafiz qasim
- Northland Autumn, Luo Zhihai
- Jayprakash's Black-mouthed Hanumans, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Smolt-flour, Stratis Havarti