Danny The Dreamer Boyd
I sit behind a shady screen,
Scouting life in a still state:
In hope to see what is unseen,
Or glimpse hope or contemplate.
It's not as easy as it seems,
I'd rather be taking part;
But life is tough and rough with beams:
That crush the spirit and the heart.
I sense them laugh and feel them cry:
Beyond a bunch of shallow signs;
I see them pray and praise and pry,
And prison themselves in false confines.
But I am not to judge anyone:
For passiveness' prize's only shame;
And judges who're yet wasted won:
None but just inglorious fame!
I wonder why these lonely souls,
Keep living in this unreal realm!
And I am not the one to stroll:
In what could possibly peace overwhelm.
I sat behind a rainy window:
And feared that I'm just passing through;
While the drops outside did like pain glow,
And the drops inside did agony accrue.
I sit behind an unshaded screen
Silently, and just await:
The right moment or a chance serene,
And wish that it won't come too late!
Danny The Dreamer Boyd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Silent Watcher by Danny The Dreamer Boyd )
- Pushed, Celeste Bracey
- Web, Marshall Gass
- Republic, Marshall Gass
- The Obvious, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Split-second, Marshall Gass
- Refusing To Wear Masks, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- She- the Lighthouse!, Marshall Gass
- apex, Cee Bea
- Darkness, Kumar Aggarwal
- comets wait for us, because we're sort o.., Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Dinner Guest: Me, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Listeners, Walter de la Mare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)