Gabrielle Ciarann Roniyah Baer
Stop blazing those teasing
golden eyes at me.
you have little taste
for my poetic license,
you don't see you:
warm, burnished as molten gold,
in the after glow of loving.
It doesn't matter one.0001 credit
that you've shown this golden loving
to a fair number of the fair, and the dark.
It is a gift freely given after all,
not a secret hoarded to rust away.
Don't worry too hard
about it, love.
You learned this bit of wisdom
at least 12 parsecs ago
without undue thought
furrowing your gold fringed brow.
I learned from you
to give freely,
moon-silver in the gold of your arms,
to be more alive
than in any life I'd known,
and maybe to teach
a 'hard case'
love's silver-gilt poetry.
written in June 1979
Gabrielle Ciarann Roniyah Baer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Silver Gilt by Gabrielle Ciarann Roniyah Baer )
- Downside Up?, Von Kimball Barney
- And grace, hasmukh amathalal
- Doubts emerge, hasmukh amathalal
- A little girl's eyes, Cigeng Zhang
- A ship, hasmukh amathalal
- The Daughter of the Earth- 22, gajanan mishra
- The Daughter of the Earth - 21, gajanan mishra
- Self - Raising, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sunshine In Your Eyes, Eleonor Santiago
- Run, run, run and running, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)