The old guy came back to his bed.
His wife awakened and inquired
If he was okay; and he said
Maybe he was overly tired,
But when he went to the bathroom,
It seemed when he opened the door,
The light was on. He did assume
That it was left on from before.
Finishing up his business,
He reached up to turn off the light,
But couldn't find it, to his stress.
His wife assured it was all right.
'Honey, you got off track a smidge, '
'And you were peeing in the fridge.'
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Simple Explanation by Ima Ryma )
- The Jackalope Man Migrates, Bruce Larkin
- Wally the Warlock's Cauldron, Bruce Larkin
- Out of race, hasmukh amathalal
- Phoenix, Sujeet Kumar Vishwakarma
- आनजादनि आर'ज, Ronjoy Brahma
- Open Sky, gajanan mishra
- baskers two, Cee Bea
- Wonder Of A Child, Philo Yan
- Mother Is There, gajanan mishra
- Fake Arrival, Satish Verma
Poem of the Day
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1927)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns