ivor or ivor.e hogg
Simple Honesty a rant
The world today is based on lies.
Only sound bites and image count,
you can’t believe your ears or eyes.
The truth is held of small account.
We’re urged to spend more than we earn
for things we do not really need.
The lesson which we all must learn
will in the end be hard indeed.
The bubble simply had to burst.
To lend without security
of all mistakes perhaps the worst.
The banks must pay the price of greed
reverting back reluctantly
To methods which just might succeed
In staving off complete collapse
of a fragile economy.
Which was by greed allowed to lapse
into chaos financially.
Although I fear it’s much too late
and we must pay the penalty
The time has come to reinstate
The values of simple honesty.
ivor or ivor.e hogg's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Simple Honesty a rant by ivor or ivor.e hogg )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Poetry liberated me, Ananta Madhavan
- Giver of The Pen (Ottava Rima Stanza Poem), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Kites Still Fly (Ottava Rima Poem), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Temporal Millenial (Ottava Rima poem), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- SATURDAY WITH MILKA, Terry Collett
- Labels (Ottava Rima Stanza Poem), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- THERE WERE CHILDREN TOO, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Smile, Key Carmack
- End of the Road, Tommy Stroller
- Kështu u ndanë udhët tona, skender iljaz braka