ivor or ivor.e hogg
Simple Honesty a rant
The world today is based on lies.
Only sound bites and image count,
you can’t believe your ears or eyes.
The truth is held of small account.
We’re urged to spend more than we earn
for things we do not really need.
The lesson which we all must learn
will in the end be hard indeed.
The bubble simply had to burst.
To lend without security
of all mistakes perhaps the worst.
The banks must pay the price of greed
reverting back reluctantly
To methods which just might succeed
In staving off complete collapse
of a fragile economy.
Which was by greed allowed to lapse
into chaos financially.
Although I fear it’s much too late
and we must pay the penalty
The time has come to reinstate
The values of simple honesty.
ivor or ivor.e hogg's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Simple Honesty a rant by ivor or ivor.e hogg )
- My Friends (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Story of a postman, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Boy & his Lamb, narasanna n narasanna n
- Let Alone Me, Asma Riaz Khan
- The Unbearable, Lilly Emery
- My Childhood poem-3, soulful heart
- Nature Expresses Itself, Rohit Sapra
- I sold myself, Asma Riaz Khan
- Beauty, narasanna n narasanna n
- This Week's Spread, Jim Creston
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)