Waltz For Zizi
Since I Sleep With Lips Untouched
Which muse is this? , your tongue would want to ask,
the one with gold and silver eyes
and stars that shine, on her painted cheek
in a million shades of blue and pink...
pink? No, is not pink,
but green, from the reflections of her eyes,
Which one is it? , I often question myself.
A lot of details, pile one over another
as thick layers on a painter's holly art
and her image, I can't trully comprehend,
I must be either to close, or too far, from her
but is more likely to be far,
since I sleep with lips untouched.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Since I Sleep With Lips Untouched by Waltz For Zizi )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Matilda Who told Lies, and was Burned to.., Hilaire Belloc
Poem of the Day
- The role of Kama, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I Dream of Her, Olufayo Ezekiel
- I realized why we get hurt, Tiyani Shadrack Manganya
- That fatal day to all, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love Note 10, Michael P. McParland
- Secularism in true sense, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Mark o Connor's ballad of a man from sno.., Juwon Daniel
- you need to know: (, Manauwer Raza
- Solitary song, gajanan mishra
- To Sleep I Go, Michael P. McParland