Randi Nicole Dement
A sister is something I missed as a kid
I wished and hoped with everything I did,
Someone to be there and play with
and when in trouble, help plead the fifth.
I grew up with nothing but boys,
Always stuck, playing with their toys.
I did have friends that were girls,
but none to play with makeup and curls.
Now as I am older, I have what I wished
From friendship, sisterhood has hatched.
I now have three wonderful sisters in tow,
Each one, makes my life glow.
Sheena, even though step is before sister,
Your my sister, and my moms other daughter.
A country girl through and through,
A wonderful mother, to my handsome nephew.
Crystal, there is no blood alike in our veins,
But our sisterhood bond is held together by chains.
Even though your so far away,
the love of a sister does not stray.
Christine, I saved the best for last,
you have always been there for everything in the past,
Your more than my sister, your my best friend,
You gave me my Ashlyn, and love that last til the bitter end.
I am so blessed from here on out,
I have the three best sister's, there is no doubt.
They truly fill my life to the fullest
making the sun shine through the deep forest.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sisters by Randi Nicole Dement )
- Friday Night For The Writer, Patrick van der Loos
- eternal fire, george albot
- Early Winter Morn, Patrick van der Loos
- British, Nassy Fesharaki
- Living in Ambiguity, Arindom Borah
- The Game, Patrick van der Loos
- a.j.b original unedited, Barbara Dixion
- Autobiography, Corey Jones
- Waiting for superman, Barbara Dixion
- It's All For You, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dreamer's Thoughts, Old Teenage Poems
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Old Teenage Poems
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)