Randi Nicole Dement
A sister is something I missed as a kid
I wished and hoped with everything I did,
Someone to be there and play with
and when in trouble, help plead the fifth.
I grew up with nothing but boys,
Always stuck, playing with their toys.
I did have friends that were girls,
but none to play with makeup and curls.
Now as I am older, I have what I wished
From friendship, sisterhood has hatched.
I now have three wonderful sisters in tow,
Each one, makes my life glow.
Sheena, even though step is before sister,
Your my sister, and my moms other daughter.
A country girl through and through,
A wonderful mother, to my handsome nephew.
Crystal, there is no blood alike in our veins,
But our sisterhood bond is held together by chains.
Even though your so far away,
the love of a sister does not stray.
Christine, I saved the best for last,
you have always been there for everything in the past,
Your more than my sister, your my best friend,
You gave me my Ashlyn, and love that last til the bitter end.
I am so blessed from here on out,
I have the three best sister's, there is no doubt.
They truly fill my life to the fullest
making the sun shine through the deep forest.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sisters by Randi Nicole Dement )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Heedless, Jubril Balogun
- Missing You, Michael P. McParland
- Against my empty soul, Bee Kilpatrick
- Which One Do I Choose?, Julie Johnson
- Beautiful Madness, Steven Rhoads
- I am a poet, Julie Johnson
- Life of War, Steven Rhoads
- Do It Well, Babatunde Aremu
- So Tired, Frank Lindquist
- BHARAT KE VEER, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH