Sitting on the Fence
Like some decision sitting on a fence,
the day is cold, chilly, changing colors.
Alternately, snapping to attention,
it poses at the photographer’s bidding.
On the porch are two empty rocking chairs,
they moving idly back and forth as if
recording a mournful song of the day
that a dream, a desire faded away...
Like adolescents, some teenagers are
Of life’s mercurial moods, some hot, some cold~
some often unable to choose wisely...
Yet, there stands one, who, seemingly with
magic wand, persistently studies, works
to create life with developing gift~
Still, another asks, “What’s in store for me? ”
Jackie Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sitting on the Fence by Jackie Allen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- frog on pug, sallam yassin
- Invincible, Jackie Osae
- See The Girls, Sell The Photos of, As Yo.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- in/out, co the skipper
- I Cannot Hold Israel Guilty Merely, The .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Homecoming, David Lewis Paget
- A Battle Within, Manauwer Raza
- To My Family, Elia Michael
- Do Not Play With The Emotions of Simple .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- SMOKE OF DECEIT, Terence Repelente