When I go rolling on my skateboard,
I feel the wind blow on my face.
My body glides along in freedom,
And then my foot keeps up the pace.
I must lean just right to make the curve,
Then get my balance back on track.
I look for the chance to do a trick,
I start the move....no turning back.
I catch the air and do a kick-flip,
The board goes round and meets my feet.
I get anxious as I start a trick,
But glad its ended safe and neat.
My board becomes part of my body,
I cannot be whole without it.
What if it breaks and leaves me stranded?
How can I get there? ........I'll just sit! !
Pene Burkey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Skateboarding by Pene Burkey )
- We fall....TO RISE, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- LOSS....MANY, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Alchemies, Aleda Shirley
- LAST SONG, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- ETERNAL LOVE, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- April 15th, Aleda Shirley
- I can FOCUS, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Defining myself, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- A doggerel coin!, Sreeram Vasudevan
- THE COME BACK., Terry Collett
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)