When I go rolling on my skateboard,
I feel the wind blow on my face.
My body glides along in freedom,
And then my foot keeps up the pace.
I must lean just right to make the curve,
Then get my balance back on track.
I look for the chance to do a trick,
I start the move....no turning back.
I catch the air and do a kick-flip,
The board goes round and meets my feet.
I get anxious as I start a trick,
But glad its ended safe and neat.
My board becomes part of my body,
I cannot be whole without it.
What if it breaks and leaves me stranded?
How can I get there? ........I'll just sit! !
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Skateboarding by Pene Burkey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- If I were me.. (Open IIT Creative Writing), Abhinit Chute (abz)
- the peace of a bee, Noah Body
- SILKEN GLOVES, Philo Yan
- A word in your ear, Ponniah Ganeshan
- Crematorium, umaprosad das
- Stupid Illusion, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Por Ti Soñaré, Prophmatt . . .
- The color of love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Nightmare, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Love and Peace, Akhtar Jawad