When I go rolling on my skateboard,
I feel the wind blow on my face.
My body glides along in freedom,
And then my foot keeps up the pace.
I must lean just right to make the curve,
Then get my balance back on track.
I look for the chance to do a trick,
I start the move....no turning back.
I catch the air and do a kick-flip,
The board goes round and meets my feet.
I get anxious as I start a trick,
But glad its ended safe and neat.
My board becomes part of my body,
I cannot be whole without it.
What if it breaks and leaves me stranded?
How can I get there? ........I'll just sit! !
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Skateboarding by Pene Burkey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- She will whisper, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Failed Romantic, Ananta Madhavan
- Poem 141, Andy Caldwell
- Conception's Debt, Noah Body
- Think, Fareez Nasir
- i dye my hair the color of us, Mandolyn Davidson
- Meeting Warmth~, Kamini Arichandran
- Smaller Contemporary Indian English Poet.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- मेथाइ(से), Ronjoy Brahma
- It Was First Kiss; Kissing You For The F.., Bijay Kant Dubey