devon da poet
Your eyes are deceiving darling
But I’m too experienced to be believing.
The bright expression on your face is appealing
But I have a second feeling about you.
Were the words you whispered true?
The signs you conveyed, were they genuine too?
Why are you so subtle? I’m not Aristotle, dear.
You’re like drawing the same card after every shuffle,
But I don’t gamble. I detest chances.
I’m a certain person. I like assurance in my romances.
When I’m in two minds I back away.
I do not condone doubts and ambiguities.
That will deter my personality.
I’m clever enough to be aware of your cunningness.
Your guiles are effortless.
I’ve already figured you out!
You’re that one dark cloud, in the midst of cumulus clouds.
You’re like a black t-shirt amongst a row of whites, on a clothes line.
Even the blind can see your wiles.
Don’t try to conceal your lies. I’ve already read your lines.
devon da poet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Skeptics by devon da poet )
- An Old Grump Sees the Sun Rise, Lawrence Beck
- Smear campaign, gajanan mishra
- Kelvingrove Memories, B.. Alexander
- LoTus (translation), Floy Dy (Floyd) Ra (Floydson)
- LYRICAL VISIT TO VUYELWA MALULEKE, alexander opicho
- Football match, gajanan mishra
- NATURE, WHAT ARE YOU?, M.D Dinesh Nair
- My Little Cup, James Merchant
- WHAT IF NONE ELSE LISTENS TO ME?, M.D Dinesh Nair
- Go not please, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)