devon da poet
Your eyes are deceiving darling
But I’m too experienced to be believing.
The bright expression on your face is appealing
But I have a second feeling about you.
Were the words you whispered true?
The signs you conveyed, were they genuine too?
Why are you so subtle? I’m not Aristotle, dear.
You’re like drawing the same card after every shuffle,
But I don’t gamble. I detest chances.
I’m a certain person. I like assurance in my romances.
When I’m in two minds I back away.
I do not condone doubts and ambiguities.
That will deter my personality.
I’m clever enough to be aware of your cunningness.
Your guiles are effortless.
I’ve already figured you out!
You’re that one dark cloud, in the midst of cumulus clouds.
You’re like a black t-shirt amongst a row of whites, on a clothes line.
Even the blind can see your wiles.
Don’t try to conceal your lies. I’ve already read your lines.
devon da poet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Skeptics by devon da poet )
- Love and True love, Tilde Sauffaus
- On - that note, sEaN nOrTh
- In The Quiet Of The Night, Clive Blake
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #8, Brian Johnston
- Old Drunk's Advice to an Anxious Beau, Donal Mahoney
- TWAILE! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Mother, Tamara Dunn
- Autumn, Mark Hamilton
- J.Bast, I try your face... - translation.., Lyudmila Purgina
- It's Not Nice To Kill Other People, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns